Thank you for your interest in our Mobile Architect position!
About The Position
We are seeking a Mobile Architect to provide technical and architecture leadership during the design and delivery of our client’s mobile and web software products. The Mobile Architect will:
- Define the technical architecture and strategy for client mobile & web applications as well as related backends.
- Work closely with client stakeholders, UI designers, product/project managers, and the engineering team to translate functional/business requirements into a technical solution.
- Lead technical discussions in client meetings.
- Prepare technical solution, architecture, dataflow, data model documents and artifacts.
- Evangelize new thinking, mentoring, and coaching of less experienced engineering associates.
- Implement DevOps automation of development, deployment, testing and monitoring to improve product and time to market
- Write well-designed, efficient code.
- Lead decision making processes related to mobile project implementation, tools, and technologies.
- Provide technical direction to development teams to plan, implement, and support new and existing mobile applications.
- Assist the sales and delivery teams with scoping & estimation of projects.
- Develop core components for reuse within the organization to speed delivery and increase code quality.
- Assist the team with debugging technical issues and designing solutions to novel problems.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance benefits, and flexible work hours including the ability to work 100% remote, other than occasional team and client meetings held in the Chicago area.
- 3+ years of experience with front end mobile and web app development.
- 6+ years of experience with software development including database, API, and backend development.
- 1-2 years of demonstrable experience in architecture design, technical documentation, and agile team leadership.
- Advanced-level understanding of mobile app development and deployment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead mobile projects through the complete development lifecycle in a collaborative environment: agile, code reviews, linting, continuous integration & testing.
- React and/or React Native development experience is required.
- Native iOS and Android development experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of key AWS services, such as Elastic Beanstalk/Container, RDS, S3, SNS, Lambda, API Gateway and/or AppSync, etc.
- Experience with implementing key mobile technologies such as push notifications, GPS/location, biometrics, in app purchases/subscriptions, federated social login, privacy, security, and analytics.
- Experience with common 3rd party services such as Firebase, Twilio, Bitrise, Appcircle, Browserstack, Mailchimp, Stripe, etc.
- Expertise with Apple and Google app store release process.
If you are looking for a challenging new position that will let you flex your Mobile Architecture muscles while spending less time commuting and more time creating amazingly cool mobile and web apps for awesome clients, this is the perfect role for you.
Qualified applicants can apply by sending a resume and samples of work to email@example.com.